Friday, August 20, 2010

Deals for your group!

Here's an idea you don't want to pass by!! If you are all about getting deals for your group sign up for groupon notifications in your local area.Today I purchased 3 hour long dance lessons for my group for $22 each person. I purchased one for myself, and 3 gifts. This is how I work it out on our calendar.

First I called the venue, and told them that a small group of us bought the groupon deal and we where hoping to at least pair up. Between myself and the venue we determined when we could fit the group of us into their classes.

Now I post them on our site! I explain that the group purchased the groupons from the group funds, but we are asking for donations to re-coop funds.

Once we have members rsvpd, we take that number and officially reserve the spot (members have until a pre-determined date to rsvp). Typically I would have them make their donation before RSVPing to ensure that they are committed to coming.

If I have coupons left over, I repeat the process. This type of an event only needs to have two people to really make the group event fun; so I figure the only reason to not do it again is if you only have one groupon left over---which in that case can be used a prize for a drawing or something!

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment