Friday, August 27, 2010

Why moms groups are so important


Nothing can make me happier than being a mom. I believe it is the most glamorous job in the world. OK. maybe not glamorous, but definitely happy. If anyone were to ask me what being a mother is like, I look back over the years and  remember;

My babies laying in my arms asleep so peaceful. Caressing their soft skin and watching their breath...in and out. Laughing. My oldest on our first trip to Disneyland: She was mostly fascinated by the trees; because at the time we lived in Tucson were trees where scarce. She kept tilting her head back to look up at all the leaves.....

My two year old right now is jumping up and down holding her shoe, exclaiming "My boots! My Boots!" Who knew shoes could be so exciting?!  I foresee quite a bit of girl-bonding shoe-shopping coming in about a decade.

When I think about being a mother, I only remember positive things. I know why; it is because I don't have to worry about where to send my complaints to.  My mommy friends may not always have the answers my mom, the doctors, or those experts have. There is a different feeling when you know you are in the presence of someone going through the same exact thing you are at exactly the same time. There is no replacement for it.

You know you are not alone...as a result, I can vent out all my frustration and all I have left is the happy memories. 

These are the things I will remember because I have all the support and advice I need in parenting. That is what my mommy groups have brought to me. And when someone asks me What it is like being a mother...I will tell them....you'll never forget it...and always cherish it. There is nothing better than being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment