Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Easy Recipes For Kids: Trail Mix

You might remember when you were a child, how special you felt when you were included in adult activities. One activity that is often considered adult is cooking. Even many kids books offer some adult interaction that requires an adult to put the food in the oven or on the stove top. Personally, I never liked help, so for my recipes that I do with my children, I try to make them with as little adult interaction as possible.

The first recipe that I did with the playgroup went really well. We made trail mix but because my daughter is allergic to peanuts, we choose to use almonds and cashews instead. Here are the possible ingredients you can use for your own!

any type of nut
raisins or craisins
m&ms, Reese's pieces
dried fruit
marshmallows
sunflower seeds
popcorn
gold fish or animal (or other small tough) crackers
cheerios or other cereal
pretzels
gummy candy

Put each individual ingredient into a bowl, and let the children take a small baggie. Let them choose what they would like to put in it with the rule that they need to have 3-5 types (this way they might pick something new!).

Very easy and no parent help to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment