Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Super Mom....and her crazy ideas


People refer to me as super mom. I find it quite funny, because to me super mom would have the dishes done every night ( Confession: Today's dishes are still in the sink and I have no plans to touch them tonight.) Most of those who have called me that are members of my playgroup. I run a mothers group in Spokane Valley, WA. As of today we have over 60 moms in the group, and have anywhere between 5-12 events per a week. (No, I do not attend them all. ) This alone is why people bestow the super title to me; but I would like to set the record straight. I'm just a mom, with a passion for playgroups.

 


Sometimes I think people think too much of what I do. Sometimes I feel that people think too little. Whatever your position is, I don't really care. I'm writing to share my passion with you. I've been running playgroups since May of 2006.  Despite its pitfalls, I love it. I have even considered having more children just to keep doing so. (Do not worry; I think three is plenty. )

I know there are resources out there to help playgroups leaders, but finding a good constant source of  ideas, support, and encouragement is hard, even online.  This is my purpose for this blog. I have been told if you are lucky enough to find your passion, share it with the world. Here it is world; enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment