Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Team Building

My favorite animated movie of all time released for the first time on DVD this month: Beauty and the Beast. My husband knows how much I relish in watching behind the scenes clips, and seeing extras you don't see at the cinemas. For me they are more entertaining than the actual movie; provided I like the movie.

In one the clips, the team talks about the difficulty script writers and the animation supervisor continue to but heads at meetings. It led their supervisor to make one crucial decision; put them both in the same room, everyday.

It worked. They might have not been the best of friends, but they became in tune with working together to achieve their goal; creating a great movie.

Everyone knows, that in order to accomplish more you need a good team. Next month, my team will meeting for the fourth official meeting; which is kind of sad for a group that has been around for three years. But I've been inspired! I want a Disney team. I want to produce an award winning animated film........*heh*......I mean, mom's group.

Making a team is hard, but coming up with team builders is easier than I once thought. All you have to do is come up with a short activity that will  make everyone work together to achieve a goal. Not only does it build a team, but it's motivating.

So here I am. I'm treading new territory and don't know where to start......anyone know how to build a good team?

No comments:

Post a Comment