Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Playgroup Handbook

One of the books I purchased when I first started running playgroups is The Playgroup Handbook by Laura Peabody Broad, and Nancy Towner Butterworth. My first impression of this book was very unsatisfied. The book focused mainly on activities for the children between the ages of 2-6. I suppose had I looked at the cover I would have relized this, but because this book is not usually in surplus in book stores, I purchased it online. I suppose I was just lazy cuase I didn't notice.

When I firt bought the book, I had one child; still crawling. The activites did not suit her at all. So this book got lost in the sea of books I own.

But I gave it a second chance, and I'm glad I did. I have recieved plenty of advice for activities from this book. It is formatted for seasons, so it's handy when you are coming up with new activites that need to be weather-friendly.

My favorite is still Carren's Book. I have used this book more now my children are older. Trust me, as the old saying goes; Children grow up fast. You'll want this book in now time.

No comments:

Post a Comment